Sunbelt Business Brokers

E2 Visa

Are you an investor/entrepreneur looking to start your business or make an investment in the USA?

Did you know that you can live, work & start a business in the USA with the E-2 Visa?

With an E2 visa, you can also bring your spouse and your children, including unmarried children under 21 years of age. Your spouse can apply for work authorization in the U.S. and your children will be eligible to attend a U.S. school.

What is an E2 visa?

  • It is an investment based non-immigrant visa for investors, entrepreneurs, and people who want to operate a business in the USA.
  • The E2 visa is only available to people from certain countries that have a treaty with the USA. See the list of treaty countries at the bottom of the page.
  • You can legally invest and work for your business in the USA.
  • As long as the business associated with the E2 visa is operating, you can renew your visa an unlimited number of times, but it should also be in parallel with the E2 visa requirements.
  • You have to make sure that you invest a substantial amount in the business which can be as low as $100,000 or even lower sometimes.
  • As long as your business is operating and in line with the E2 rules and requirements, you can renew it multiple times.
  • For a full list of Treaty Countries, please click here.